Step 1: Prepare
- Your smartphone, camera, and router should be within approximately 9 feet during setup.
- Make sure your phone (or iPad) is connected to the WiFi network intended for the camera.
- Connect antenna marked “WIFI” to the back of camera labeled “L” (as below)
- Connect antenna marked “433” to back of camera labeled “R” (as below)
- Have your WiFi router password ready
Step 2: Install HiKam App for free
Get HiKam App from App Store (iPhone/iPad) or Google Play (Android), search "HiKam camera".
- Install and Launch the app from App Store or Google Play
- Tap '>New Account Registration<' to Create your account in the app.
Step 3: Start setup
- Turn on camera by connecting the camera power adapter to wall outlet
- Connect A7 camera by LAN cable to your router. (You can find one LAN cable in the box.)
Check the status LED on A7 camera is solid blue.
- Go to HiKam app > 'My Camera' page, wait for the App to search for the camera.
- Once camera is found, a blue strip will appear on top of the page.
- Click on the blue strip
- Click the 'ADD' button in the camera list
- Name the camera , set your own password as camera password, then click Complete button.
- app will show up the WiFi list around the camera. Tap on your home WiFi name in the list > Confirm and Enter your home WiFi password.
(If you want to keep using LAN cable connection for the camera, just click the SKIP button in top right corner)
- The app will show 'Testing WiFi'. Wait for several seconds. The camera will prompt Testing WiFi Successful and auto connect to the WiFi. just click 'OK'.
- Now you can unplug the LAN cable, the camera will work on WiFi.
- You will be back to 'My Camera' page in HiKam app. Wait for about 30 seconds, you can see the camera is ONLINE and you can follow the live video stream on your smartphone.
Testing WiFi Failed?
The app will show the failed reason on the app after WiFi Testing failed.
- WiFi password wrong: Try again with the correct WiFi password
- Obtaining IP address failed: Check your router settings to allow the camera access your WiFi. In most cases, there are conflicts with DHCP settings and MAC filter settings on the router.Contact HiKam Tech Support for further assistance if needed.
- WiFi signal too weak: If your camera is within 9-feet of the router but you still see this message, please contact HiKam Tech Support.
- If you still have problem setting up your camera, please contact HiKam Tech Support.
-Regarding SD card, the A7 takes a microSD card and supports 16GB to 128GB. However, a 32G or 64G will be plenty for normal recording purpose. After installing the SD card in the camera, power off the camera, wait 10 seconds, power back on.
-Regarding adding A7 on multiple phones: Download App on each device. Use a different User Name on each device to avoid system confusion. Connect the device to the same WiFi network as the camera > wait for the app to auto search for the camera > click on the blue strip, name the camera and enter the password you set to the camera. Done!
-Regarding settings Alarm Recordings and Cloud Recordings: just follow this quick guide to set and check Alarm Recordings, and Cloud Recordings: http://supportus.hi-kam.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000069370
To get support from a customer service expert tutorials, email email@example.com. Guarantee feedback within 24hrs.